Wednesday, June 3, 2009

what's inside...

This cute little box?? Let's start by filling you in on a secret...this is an Altoids mint tin, re- purposed as a cute gift box. I simply cut some scrapbook paper to size, rounded the corners and attached it on the lid, the bottom, and on the inside of the lid with Mod Podge.

Open it up to reveal a home for some super sweet gift tags!!
I punched holes in each corner and for the top one, threaded it through the tag.
The remainder of the string is hiding in the bottom, under the tags. I folded up some cardstock to prop my tags up making the tin look full, and also creating a place for the string.

These tins can easily hold 8-12 tags plus string or ribbon.
Enjoy!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. So cute and would make such a cute little gift!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is pretty darn cute. I am a big fan of repurposing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love altoid tins. They look so cute in size and always great for re-purposing. Yours is by far the best I've ever seen!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so cute! I've always wondered what I could do with an Altoid tin. Good idea:-)

    ReplyDelete